Saturday 27 February 2010

I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the next step...

...glueing all those interior window frame bits in place, filling the odd gaps and carefully painting them white, without getting any on the wallpaper. You can see all the bits in the bedroom - I need to find the best lengths to go with each other (they're not all exactly the same width or length) and once they're glued in place, the acetate windows will be in position which means there's no room for error with the touch up paint! But, you can see how excited Holly is getting for it's completion...she brought the box of furniture down this morning and we played with how it will look. The rug in the lounge is her father's mouse rug, which feels very uncomfortable under the computer mouse so he's not using it, but he was adamant she couldn't have it for the dollhouse. Well, it's been over a week and he hasn't taken it back ;-)

I found this paper on Ebay, it's real wallpaper that the seller sourced for its tiny print, and she sells lots of different paper. I love it, it was exactly what I was looking for! I also need to stick the brick paper on the exposed wood... and fix the gaps in the roof colour... and paint the gingerbread trim and shutters... and whitewash the bathroom floor... and paint the ceilings... and sort out the base of the house on it's swivel... and then tackle the garden... shall I set a date and try stick to it?!

6 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

DollMum 27 February 2010 at 20:59  

Is the furniture Sylvanian familes? it looks that sort of scale.

You are making great progress with the house. Use a fine thin paintbrush for the touching up, then at least if you do put paint in the wrong place, it will only be a think line to clean up. I'm sure you will be all right though - steady hand needed ;-)

Jo 27 February 2010 at 21:38  

Yes, it is Sylvanian Families furniture. She started collecting the sets before she even had a dollhouse, and because the Arthur is so dinky we decided to stick with it. My next house will be done properly, with 1:12 furniture and it will be MINE, all MINE!!

Papillon Bleu 27 February 2010 at 22:06  

Bonne chance for this delicate step.

Norma Bennett 27 February 2010 at 22:11  

I can see why she's excited, and I can understand your trepidation too! Certainly as DollMum says a small brush is called for and I'd recommend a stiff bristled artists brush. Soft bristles are just too hard to control in this situation.

I'm with you on the scale of furniture that's suitable for this house. I put one together years ago for a raffle prize and felt it suited 1/16 not 1/12. I've got another kit still in its box somewhere in my house in NZ (I live in Australia but still have a place in NZ) and also have a few Lundby sets for it - all vintage now cos they are about 25 years old and I do wonder sometimes if the kit is still intact or if they've been chomped on by wood loving insects and maybe the odd mouse - in fact for all I know a family of mice have put it together and moved in!! LOL

I have a Sylvanian Families kitchen sink set somewhere in my DH storage box, I'll never use it and I've been thinking about putting it on ebay rather than leave it languishing there but if you'd like it for your house email me at normabennett@hotmail.com and I'll send it over as a 'house completion' gift for Holly.

Good luck with the steady hand for that painting!

C 27 February 2010 at 23:32  

Whaow Jo - that is a lot still to do - and the house looks so nearly finished as it is. It is lovely and Holly's furniture looks so cute in it. LOL about your husband's mouse mat!!!

I finally finished the structural work on my own Honeybee Cottage today, (including garden) and am so relieved. Things I thought would be quick like painting the roof seemed to take forever! So, take your time, but keep in mind that the sooner you finish this house for Holly the sooner you can start Jo's house! Carol xox

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 28 February 2010 at 08:45  

Ahhh, the number of times I've put the furniture in the house then taken it out again to work on the house, lol!
Daddy's mouse pad looks great there!
Mercedes

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP