Thursday 18 March 2010

The Growing Season is Upon us!

Firstly, can you see how contrasty the lighting in this shot is? Do you know why it's so contrasty? That's sunlight shining on the Arthur! Pure, brilliant, bright sunshine!

I've started planning the garden. I really like this fake grass, it's one used in model railways, as opposed to the apple green carpet you get from the DHE. So, I'm going to make a little deck for the table and chairs, and put proper flower beds where all those pots are standing, so eventually when I've bought and made enough flowers from kits I'll have them along the porch wall. I haven't decided about the little stepping path - I've used all the pavers I have left from the last house I did, and using enough for the path up to the porch, I'm not sure if I need more or not to make the steps closer together.

For the other side, I think I'll leave it grassed up to the porch so the bike doesn't stand in flower beds, and put a tree in the corner in front... maybe big enough for a rope swing to hang from, with a bird's nest in the branches. I'll have my eyes glued to the ground when I'm walking through the woods now, looking for the perfect tree! And then, I found dinky little lolly sticks today, which will become a picket fence along the perimeter. What do you think?

3 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

miniacollection 18 March 2010 at 15:48  

Beautiful photo.
I am looking forward to seeing the finished garden. I think a fence would be nice.

Unknown 18 March 2010 at 16:35  

OMG, you have a beautiful house! Good work! ;)
The fake grass is perfect for the house, i like it too!
By the way, your blog is lovely! :)
The best for you!
Belén.

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 18 March 2010 at 20:23  

Looking good Jo!
So sad to see my sunshine going to the other side of the world now, loL!
Mercedes

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP