Sunday 28 November 2010

Cake, Cake and More Cake!

Oh my gosh, I cannot believe how long it's been since I last posted. I don't know what happened, or why I stopped posting so much. I've become more regular on my Facebook page, lazy, I know - it's quick and easy to post a quick message, my friends who don't blog see my entries, and it is easier to upload pictures. But, I like blogging. I like how I've made so many good friends over the years through my blog, and I don't like how bad I've become at keeping in touch with them.

So, here's a quick post from me and we'll see how long it lasts. This one is all about cakes - I've been eating and making loads of cakes lately, and I can feel it in my favourite jeans so I'd better stop now! It was my birthday a month ago, and my friend Becky made me some British cupcakes, to go with my Union Jack cushion that she and my other friend Karen gave me. I love it, and as they both laughed - I can stop looking at Union Jack cushions at every store we go to!


Then it was Holly's birthday on Remembrance Day, and she chose to take a few friends to dinner to celebrate. I made her a very pretty, girly cake with a clothespin doll for each friend to take home.
I took her to the fabric store to choose the dress fabric, and I don't think I would have chosen any differently. I love her colour choice, and how her doll contrasts with her friends'.

There's Holly...
... and Katie-Anne...
...and William, in a shirt and shorts!

Then I had an order for a Barbie cake, and when the mum gave me the doll, I just knew it was going to be a beautiful cake - look how pretty this Barbie is!


It was fun making this cake for a sweet little girl's fifth birthday, considering Holly had a very similar cake for her fifth birthday!

And then last weekend I was invited to join Holly on a birthday party weekend-away to Eastbourne, with my lovely friend Karen, her daughter and her two best friends. I decided it was a perfect opportunity to use my cupcake chocolates that my sister gave me for my birthday, and used the pretty cupcake stand she'd given me to display them on. They traveled safely down, but didn't survive til morning to take naturally-lit pictures, so these flash-lit ones are all I have! They tasted divine, and I am now on a mission to find more cupcake chocolates!

Strawberry parfait...oh heaven!

4 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Jill 28 November 2010 at 17:27  

Jo, I'm so happy to see you in Bloglandia again!!

This post was so fun! I absolutely love it all. That cake was amazing~ so pretty and sweet! I absolutely love the colors. That Barbie cake is probably the best one I've ever seen. I love how you draped the skirt with fondant~ totally brilliant!

Hugs,
Jill

miniacollection 28 November 2010 at 17:41  

I am so happy to see you back to blogland and I love your post about cakes. Your cakes are terrific, I love the ones with the little dolls, it would be a dream to have such a cake and be able to keep the dolls as a lovely souvenir.
I too love cushions with the Union Jack, I amired them when I was in England this summer.
Geneviève

joanna 28 November 2010 at 18:25  

Hi Jo! i absolutely loved your cakes.. the barbie on in particular. You do such a great job! (I'm the one that did a Halloween cake based on the one you did a year ago) Anyway great job! For the dress did you just use fondant? or a gumpaste? I also loved the cake stand.. but apparently you can only get it in the UK .. :( oh well Keep blogging.. since I love to read your blog.

Denise Pacurar 28 June 2011 at 16:34  

Too cute!

http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP