Saturday 24 May 2008

Blog Stalking

Isn't it scary how quickly we can become absorbed by the World Wide Web, how one site links us to another, how one story sucks us in and makes us a part of it? I discovered blogging through TwoPeas, my favourite online forum for photographers/moms/friends.

On my photography blog I have links to some of the blogs of fellow Peas I visit frequently. I thought it would be nice to start a personal blog where I can link any blog I come across that I find interesting, for one reason or another.

Through the forum on TwoPeas, I came across two of the most heartbreaking blogs. The first, called Matt, Liz and Madeline grabbed me within seconds and had me going back to the first entry so that I could read chronologically what happened after Matt's beautiful and gentle wife Liz, passed away a day after giving birth to their baby girl, Madeline. His writing style is poetic, his sense of humour poignant and real, and his photography and eye for detail inspiring. I find myself checking in a few times a day, waiting for his next entry. Being about 8 hours ahead on the time line, I'm usually in for a lengthy wait!

It's weird to think that his life is happening in real time, it's not a story that happened years ago to a stranger which I happen to find in some old bookstore. It's real, it's now, and I like to think if I lived next door to them, we'd even be friends.

The second blog is this one. It's not immediately apparent what happened. It took some reading through the archives to find out what did happen. But when I found out, it touched me to my core. Sheye's third child, and longed for first daughter, Ava, died after being stuck in a car for less than an hour. Sheye's story ripped through me and clutched at my heart, and makes me look at my own two children with new eyes every day.

I can't begin to imagine the strength it must take these two people to get up everyday, and be there for their children, while inside they must be all broken up and hurting like hell.

0 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP