Thursday 29 May 2008

Freckles







Summer is really trying to establish itself here in England. We woke to a drizzly sky, but by 11am it had cleared to blue skies so the kids and I decided to go for a bike ride through the woods and picnic on the common. We had a fantastic time, even when we got completely waterlogged on the very soggy common. Luckily I had packed a waterproof picnic rug! I even packed my camera, and tried very hard to capture my son's wonderful new freckles that are appearing on his nose and cheeks! I am so in love with them, it reminds me of my summer holidays growing up, I always ended up with that healthy outdoorsy kid spattering of freckles. Probably a sign that I should put sunblock on his nose, but they look cute. At least he sat still long enough for me to get a couple of sharp shots - I won't tell you how many blurry duds there were! We even found a rather cool looking caterpillar, a rather fitting end to a lovely day.
Needless to say, 10 minutes after hosing our bikes down and hanging a load of washing out, the skies clouded over and it poured all afternoon!

1 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Lynne 31 May 2008 at 13:18  

Hi,
Thought I'd drop in and tell you that I've enjoyed visiting your site. Love the photos, I came via your photo site, they're lovely. Can't linger as I'm expecting a friend and I've already spent a long time here and on a site you recommended the Liz and Madeline site. So thank you for directing me to it.
I will call in again soon!
Until then, Lynne

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP