Sunday 15 February 2009

My new favourite medium....

...air drying modeling clay! Or maybe this post should be titled "confessions of an internet addict".

I scour the internet, if someone references a store or site I will click away and happily spend another hour perusing said link. Such was the case when Sheye Rosemeyer mentioned the Danish company, Maileg. That was when I discovered the most darling little Christmas elves and pixies. I've yet to find a UK supplier, or even a website that speaks English to try and order one from (although at £20 a pixie I might not have done!) and so, I resorted to that very South African habit of mine, which is "If I can't afford to buy it, I'll make it!"

So, here are my little elves, unpainted, unfinished, but definitely coming to life. They're nowhere near as 'polished' as their Danish family, they're a bit shorter and squatter and without their colour you can't really compare, but here they are...









This little guy is my favourite of the lot. I modeled my one after him - I haven't made his little cube to stand on yet, I needed to let him dry first.



*ETA* A third elf joined the ranks ;-)

9 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Mom2Drew 16 February 2009 at 23:22  

OMword Jo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I soooo need a set of these. When are you going to start selling already?

Uber cute:)!

Jodie 17 February 2009 at 11:03  

these are very cute!

Mandy 17 February 2009 at 12:15  

OH MY WORD! You painted that. That is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen. Its so arty. WOW. (bowing down) I seriously have no talent in that artistic area. I can barely paint a wall. I am in awe!

Reds 17 February 2009 at 13:05  

Cute cute cute! Love these! You are so talented! Wow!

Mom 17 February 2009 at 14:02  

I bet they are going to be far nicer than the original ones! Looking forward to seeing the painted ones

Becky 17 February 2009 at 14:36  

These are adorable!! You are so talented.

pat 17 February 2009 at 14:42  

Jo--these are seriously adorable! Love love them; even unpainted they are charming. Just the body language alone makes them! Can't wait to see them painted.

Nicki 17 February 2009 at 14:43  

Sooo cute - you could take a baby's building block and use it to stand your little fella on. You are so crafty!

Margaret 17 February 2009 at 17:48  

You are so incredibly talented! Wow! I'm very impressed!

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP