Saturday 14 November 2009

The Birthday Girl and Her Cakes!

How cute is she? She gave me this attitude for her quick little photo shoot this morning before heading out. I love her little outfit, I found that Lilli Gaufrette skirt in a second hand store for £4! The top and tights are from H&M. Love that shop too!


By this time she was a bit tired of all the pics. We had the most appalling wind and rain storm today, so the light was super horrid. There's camera shake in most of my shots!

And her mini cakes! because we were going to the cinema, and I wasn't sure about a place to cut the cake, and cupcakes don't travel particularly well once distributed to 6 and 7 year olds, I decided on making mini cakes a la Kirsty Allsop. They turned out pretty well - piping in straight lines is really tough, and I could have done with a number 3 nozzle instead of the 2, but I loved the roses and the overall effect was fantastic!

Photoshopping nightmare pics, I can't get my background clean and it doesn't look the same from one shot to the next. But who cares about the background, right?!

Look - glitter! How divine, don't you think? All cakes should have a bit of twinkle to them!

4 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

dalesdreams 15 November 2009 at 00:23  

She is absolutely adorable and those cakes are fabulous!

I love H&M, too. ;)

SusannaT 15 November 2009 at 07:42  

Love the attitude.
This kind is still cute.
The kind I get from my teenager is not...LOL!

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 15 November 2009 at 07:50  

Well, happy birthday to Holly! Those cakes are adorable...c'mon Jo, you've just got to try making them in mini!
Mercedes

miniacollection 15 November 2009 at 08:49  

How lucky is your daughter ! What beautiful cakes ! and lovely girl !

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP