Wednesday 10 June 2009

Miniature Inspiration

I was blog hopping the other day and literally fell into my idea of heaven in a blog! Liberty Biberty is written by Mercedes, who is someone that sounds a lot like me. She's a mother, she's a scrapbooker, she's a crafter. But most importantly, she is a miniaturist extraordinaire! (And that's the part I want to be when I'm bigger!)

Her doll's house is breathtaking, the attention to detail, the level of finish, the style...I could go on and on! I knew there was a reason why I haven't jumped head first into building my doll's house - I was waiting to find Mercedes and her blog full of incredible inspiration so that when I do build my house, I can try to make it just a little bit as pretty as Mercedes'.

Tristan's aunt Sharon asked me what style I'd be decorating the house in, whether Victorian, Georgian, or Tudor, and I've not been very keen on any of them. Mercedes's house sums up exactly the kind of look I want : some old style cottage bits, some antique heirlooms, and lots of shabby chic county charm!

Here's a quick pic of the outside of her house. Isn't it the prettiest little house? Go and visit her blog, if you're anything like me, you'll be lost there for hours!

3 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 11 June 2009 at 00:16  

Thanks Jo! I've been wandering around your blog, it's like looking at a beautiful magazine! You are so creative and clever, I'm sure you'll be a great miniaturist! I love your all your cakes, why don't you try making a mini one - it's the 'little' things that make life fun!
Mercedes

Jo 11 June 2009 at 12:46  

Do you know I have a whole bunch of Fimo sitting around and I was wondering if I could make a miniature cake! Will let you know if I succeed!

Kathi 21 June 2009 at 15:57  

I heartily agree! Liberty's blog is amazing! Her attention to detail wonderful! I've just begun to gather ideas for my dollhouse.
she is my inspiration!

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP