Tuesday 16 June 2009

A Me Day

I had a Me day today. I had no processing to do, no washing, no shoots scheduled, so I had a day of doing what I wanted to. Okay, I could have done the ironing, but I'll do it in front of the telly later.
So, I finally caught up with finishing these little guys. You know how when you start something, if you don't finish it completely it just never gets done? Well, I decided to give my elves some eyes, finish off their bases, and do the last of the stripes. Now I just need to varnish them and that's it - Hooray! I'll shoot them properly when they're varnished - their colour comes out so nicely afterwards, but here's a quick shot of them standing on my desk. There's Pip, Alfie, Bea, Gus and Tilly.


And here's a shot of my messy messy desk! My second Graze box came today - fresh baby cherries, pina colada mix and dried cranberries - yum! My favourite song playing through Spotify. Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová from the movie Once. Oh. My. Gosh. It is beautiful, you must listen to it. (I've hyper-linked it for you, click on the song title) That's all I'm going to say. Just listen to it. And then, if you haven't seen the movie, get it out! Oh, and my reference for the elves' colour open on the computer. They're the original Maileg elves.

And here's a shot of one I made for a Pea friend Heather. She organised the Peapal list and pairing (kind of like penpals but with Peas from the TwoPeas forum!) She's clutching a letter to her chest, and I like to think it's one she's sending to someone she really really likes.

Otherwise, I've been out to buy the Little Guy's new mattress, we're getting him a cabin bed to free up some floor space in his tiny little room, and I think he'll love it! Now I just need to collect the bed, and hopefully I can put it all up in his room and surprise him.

1 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 16 June 2009 at 20:58  

Oh, my goodness! Jo, those are the sweetest little elves I've ever seen and you've painted them so beautifully! As for the ironing...there's always tomorrow!
Mercedes

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP