Saturday 6 June 2009

Ahoy There!

The little guy is officially four years old! What fun to have your birthday fall on a Saturday, so that your party is on the same day. We woke up this morning and gave him his super cool Lego Police Station, built the vehicles and then got ready for the party. Don't you like his invites?

Note to self : Do not be mistaken, when you invite 20 kids do not expect that half will have something else on. Expect to have 20 kids on your hands for two hours. Also, living in England, do not expect that the glorious sunshine you have been enjoying for weeks will hang around for a party. Expect rain, rain and more rain.
But, knowing that you've given your kid his first proper party with kid friends and kid games and kid food, you'll have the happiest kid on the planet makes it all worthwhile. For a day.

The cake. Lemon Madeira cake is so firm and dense, it holds it shape really well. Chocolate flavoured regalice, crushed biscuits for sand, gold chocolate coins and some plastic jewellery and voila! A perfect Pirate Treasure Chest! I think it turned out pretty well.

The map. We marked a cross on the back of the map, gave the kids stickers with their names on, and had them stick them where they thought the pirates had hidden their treasure. At the end of the party we stuck a tiny sword through from behind, piercing the name of the winner! Tris outdid himself on the details, I almost wished the kids could read!

The table. I love my "PARTY" plates, my mom gave them to me years ago, and they're so fun to brighten up a table. The kids did well and had a well balanced lunch of sandwiches, sausages, fruit, cupcakes, sweets, crisps, and cucumber!

Captain Jack Sparrow and his big sister, Firstmate Holly, at the table, moments before the madness began!

4 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

janett 6 June 2009 at 21:12  

How fun are these? Love that cake!

Jess 6 June 2009 at 23:02  

What a fantastic pirate parrrrrrty! You really outdid yourself, Jo! WOW! I know this will be a day he will remember forever... what a great mom you are! xoxo

Jan 7 June 2009 at 19:53  

Jo---the party looks AMAZING! I love the cake---totally makes me want to have a pirate party... Wonder if my kids would go for it?? :) Terrific job---congrats on making it through. You are a wonderful mom!

Mom 23 June 2009 at 08:59  

As always I am impressed. The cake looks great and as for the invite. I am sure they all had a ball even with the rain

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP