Friday 9 October 2009

Help!!

What colour would you paint the roof? I'm busy sticking all the shingles together in sheet sections for each roof section, so when they're all done I'm going to want to paint them.
Bottom right is the raw natural wood shingles, bottom left is brown, top left terracotta, and top right, slate grey. I was leaning towards the grey, but I am struggling to find the right shade.

Also, whatever colour I paint the roof will dictate what colour the door will be...So, dear visitors, please don't be silent, don't keep your opinions to yourselves...tell me what colour you'd paint the roof and door?!

12 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Julia and Hywel 9 October 2009 at 11:59  

Hi,
A new follower here! I like the grey and I get the ideal colour by swirling black and white emulsion together untill its not quite mixed. I then paint it on and it gives a natural variation in colour. Don't forget to water down the paints ever so slightly before you mix or it will be too thick. I also like the terracotta. Also... these wood shingles work well with a coat of clear yellowing matt varnish. It brings out the natural shades in the wood and also ages in colour over the years. If you have a minutue, pop over to my blog and look at my Olde Abbey ~ part 1. The shingles on my large church have been varnished in this way. Hope I offered some help :0)
Love your blog, Julia xx

Mariella 9 October 2009 at 13:55  

Hmmmm I love the roof color of the second picture (brown I think) and would make the door in a dark sage color. I love your work!
Mariella

SusannaT 9 October 2009 at 14:35  

Oh I like the slate grey.... looks really nice.

Kim 9 October 2009 at 14:51  

Hi! I popped over from Mercedes blog to see your house and to tell you the elves you sent to her are adorable! I am partial to the terra cotta, because it is one of my favorite colors- but I can see how the gray would probably be more pleasing to the eye.

Mom of Three 9 October 2009 at 14:59  

Hi Jo - my two cents worth is the terracotta to... they all look lovely though so I can see why you need help :) ps... what do you use for the letters you put on the top of your cupcakes? is it modelling paste?

TINK - SONIA 9 October 2009 at 15:25  

Hello Jo,your elves are amaizin!The terracotta color is the best,I am a new fan of your blog.Minikisses from
Spain.Sonia

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 9 October 2009 at 19:33  

Y'know what Jo, I like the terracotta too! But it's hard to tell from a computer, it's probably showing a bit differently on everyone's screens.
Whatever you do make sure you try it out on some test shingles first!
Mercedes

Jill 10 October 2009 at 03:49  

I love the slate grey! I'm undecided on the door though-- maybe a good red?

Eva 10 October 2009 at 08:27  

Hi , here you have a new follower too!!
I am doubting but I think That I would choose the terracotta!
Mini hugs

dalesdreams 10 October 2009 at 17:28  

I love the slate, that's what I'm going to use on my dollhouse.

A red door sounds lovely, as well. :)

Lena 11 October 2009 at 20:28  

Hello!
I just found Your blog thrue Mercedes.
I think you should paint the roof in the red teracotta, that will be nice to the exterier.

Lena!

Unknown 17 October 2009 at 22:13  

I reckon either the brown or the terracotta look best with that lovely varnished verandah :)

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP