Thursday 22 October 2009

What I'm Up To...

So, I've had a bit of disappointing news, with regard to some work I was doing. I'm not sure I can share the news yet, other people are involved and I need to wait until I get the all clear. But, at least I've been able to concentrate 100% on my first proper cake order. It's for a lady's 70th birthday party - she was born on Halloween - so I've been asked to do an elegant Halloween themed cake. I've decided to use the base design of Arthur's Christening cake. So it'll have orange and cream stripes on a brown cake, then brown spiderwebs on an orange cake, and orange and brown spots on a cream cake, with a haunted house on top.

Here are the panels for the house...busy drying so that when I construct it, it's not going to go all floppy and cave in on itself. Okay, that's the plan, if it doesn't work I'm stuffed. I hadn't mixed enough brown so I still need to do the roof, but that'll come.


The first batch of cakes are on the cooling rack, the second are in the oven, and this is what my kitchen looks like!

The other positive side to my news is that I've had time to do the Arthur's roof: it's on, glued, fixed, sanded and waiting for paint. The colour I've been looking for has been ordered, I can pick it up this weekend.

I'll post pics of it and the finished cake soon.

4 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Kim 22 October 2009 at 14:39  

wow- that cake is going to be awesome- I can't wait to see it :)

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 23 October 2009 at 00:21  

That cake is going to look so fantastic Jo. You're amazing!!
Mercedes

Unknown 23 October 2009 at 17:25  

Cake looks good, heard sad news from Julie's blog. Gutted. Hope you're not too disappointed.
Hugs x

Mom of Three 23 October 2009 at 17:38  

Oh no, your news sounds ominous!? But the cake looks fantastic so far - good luck with finishing it off :)...

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP