Monday 17 November 2008

Hidamari no Tami

Have you ever heard of Hidamari? I decided last year to make my daughter cupcakes for her next birthday. Partly because they would be easier than her Barbie cake of last year and partly because I'd seen these...

Looking through Flickr I found cupcakes with little tiny people on them called Hidamari no Tami. I googled them and found out that they're a toy, and they're known in English as Sunny people, because they are solar powered and nod their heads or wave their arms when powered up. They are also the cutest little things I've ever seen! So, out went the ballerina cupcakes (there are 11 boys on the guest list anyway!) and in came the Sunny People.
Here they are, ready and waiting for Saturday's party...











2 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Unknown 19 November 2008 at 13:28  

Wow how cute - please take a photo the weekend and let us see what the whole thing looks like. Really lovley. x

karen 29 November 2008 at 04:25  

My mom made me a barbie cake - and it was a big hit She also had a book of cut up cakes put out by a coconut company that I have now and have made for my kids. Your kids will have good memories of what you have done for them.

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP