Friday 28 November 2008

It's like the 12 Days of Christmas at my house!

Day One - A Canon Selphy photo printer!

Day Two - A cutting mat and press, two pairs of titanium coated scissors, a pair of PINKING SHEARS (yes, I shouted and squealed about that one!) a cutting knife and spare blades, a cool ruler and some sticky ribbons and rhinestones.

Day Three - an autographed copy of 'Paper, Scissors, Death' by the judge, Joanna Campbell Slan.

Day Four - The most amazing selection of books on scrapbooking, a tag punch, and some very tart citrus papers, monograms, flowers and brads, as well as a 12"x12" album.

Day Five - An exquisite selection of papers, rub-ons, embellishments and goodies from Melissa Frances.
Did I say how exquisite they are? Look at those little wings, and vintage rose embellies!

And do you know the best part? This isn't even the end of it! So, I hear you ask, what on earth did I do to be given such amazing gifts when it's not even Christmas?

Well, I am very honoured to say that I was one of six winners in a national, UK scrapbooking competition! I picked up a copy of Scrapbook Inspirations magazine back in August, and saw the details about the competition. After glancing briefly at the prizes, I realsied that I had six original layouts needed to enter, I had a week to photograph them and so I entered the competiton. For fun. Because I had just finished a page of my kids with their cousin that I particularly liked. Then at the end of September I got the most amazing phone call from the deputy editor. Seriously, I thought it was a prank call. I never in a million years thought I'd be chosen as a winner! It was only then, when telling my mom and sister about it that they asked "What do you win?" that I got the magazine out and started reading the prize list properly...and nearly fell off my chair! We EACH got the printer?! We each got all the fabulous prizes that I've shown you above, as well as a few more that are still on their way. I love how each company is sending their prize individually, it's so exciting to be getting a new parcel every day!

Here is the page from the December issue, which features the winners, showing my entries.

2 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Unknown 28 November 2008 at 21:00  

Yay! I too have loads of parcels. It's been fun!

Really nice to "meet" you, Jo. I was thinking of emailing you all through Shimelle's first missive, I think I shall go do just that! I reckon we'll be seeing much more of each other in the mag :)

P.S. LOVED your layouts - I've not ventured to double LOs yet. Inspired me to try one at the moment... thanks!

karen 29 November 2008 at 04:19  

Congratulations!!! Don't be shy what did the judges say???? Your layouts are just so lovely

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP