Wednesday 14 January 2009

Colonel of the Chenko


My son has such a vivid imagination. Two minutes into watching a movie, and he gets a bee in his bonnet to dress up, and be someone from the movie. One of his current faves, thanks to this awesome outfit he got from Nana and Grandad, is Colonel Dovchenko from Indiana Jones. Or, if you're my son, you'll say it "I'm beening Colonel of the Chenko, you be Spelkarina" (That would be Irina Spelko, just in case you don't speak 3.5year old)

I'm trying to make up for my first POTD post having such appalling photos - I don't know what I was thinking! I shot this through the stair banisters, while he was oblivious to my presence. I used Ren's oldies-but-goodies action, Vintage Kiss me Hard.

10 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Liz 14 January 2009 at 13:16  

CUTE! Such a detailed costume too.
I had a look through your blog and you have to show us your miniature house... I LOVE all the cool little stuff you got.

Reds 14 January 2009 at 13:27  

What a cute costume! Love the PP you did on the shot!

Margaret 14 January 2009 at 13:31  

Great costume. I love how you captured this moment with him intent on playing, not knowing you were photgoraphing him. Very nice!

Anonymous 14 January 2009 at 13:33  

That is way to cute! Love this shot and his get up!
Cari

Mom2Drew 14 January 2009 at 13:34  

Awe, love that boyish play!

pat 14 January 2009 at 14:22  

Great shot! I love watching kids diving in with their imagination going full blast. Your actions work so well on this photo, too.

pakosta 14 January 2009 at 17:33  

this is AWEsome! i just adore it! tara

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) 14 January 2009 at 17:47  

Its so cute when they play dress up.

Becky 14 January 2009 at 18:50  

That is so cute, and I love your processing. Don't you worry about your 'crap' photos--I like seeing pieces of people's everyday lives. :-)

Chell 15 January 2009 at 03:16  

Oh what a cute picture. Fun costume

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP