Monday 12 January 2009

Ready, Set, Scrap!

My scrapbook supplies have been growing, ever so slightly, over the past few years. Winning the Best of British competition last year has made all my storage holders burst at the seams. Yesterday, we were heading down to B&Q in search of a double adaptor for the dishwasher and tumble drier, so I thought I'd check out their tool boxes. They had a great one, a Stanley, with two pull up trays, a slide out area for little bits like screws and nails, and then the big cavity at the bottom, for £22. It was perfect, or so I thought.

I then had a quick look in their plastics section...and look what I found!! It was marked down from £30 to £19, the drawers are exactly 12" wide, they had ONE left and it is mine!!


And the absolute best part? Everything fits in it, and it looks neat standing where previously I had one crate, two pizza boxes, two totes and a pile of stuff.

See? A special drawer for each category.

Stickers, embelishments and rub-ons.

Alphas, letter stickers and monograms.

All my 12"x12" papers and cardstock, just look at how perfect the fit is! (And aren't those felt shapes on top gorgeous? They were part of the BOB prize, the last to arrive...I can't wait for Easter now!)

My tools, pens, scissors and blades, punches and sticky stuff.

And the last drawer with all my big embelishments, flowers, ribbons, brads and eyelets. I just had to phone my mom in SA straight away - I knew she'd understand how I could get excited over a set of plastic drawers! Remember, she's just visited me so she saw the chaos that it used to be!

Anyway, with this post I am also going to try commit to the Two Peas in a Bucket Photo of the Day Challenge (POTD). The idea is to take one photo, every day, for a whole year, sticking as far as possible to a list of themes. Now, I don't think I can handle one a day, so I'm joining the small group who're aiming for one a week, on theme. The first theme was "Ready, Set, Go!" Typically, I'm a week late starting this, so week two should follow very soon...wish me luck!

9 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Reds 12 January 2009 at 13:28  

Welcome to POTD! Great find for your scrapbooking stuff - I know my stuff tends to take over a room... ;)

Anonymous 12 January 2009 at 13:33  

Oh how fun is all that stuff. Have fun enjoying all of it!
Cari

CindyTykie 12 January 2009 at 13:35  

What great storage for scapbooking supplies. I have a 2 drawer 12x12 container but haven't seen one like that before

Mandy 12 January 2009 at 14:04  

You are just so organized! I love seeing that drawer just filled with fun!

Welcome to POTD!

pat 12 January 2009 at 14:46  

Hey Jo--so glad to see you on POTD! Those rolling drawers are the best from crapping supplies; my DD has a couple. And POTD is photo of THE day, not necessarily EVERY day. Join us when you can and don't sweat it.

Mom2Drew 12 January 2009 at 14:59  

Oh gosh, how i wish I could have one little bit of your organization!! I am so proud of you for winning and remember your layouts-you have oodles and oodles of talent!!!

pakosta 12 January 2009 at 15:54  

good for yoU! have fun scrapping!
tara

Tracie 12 January 2009 at 17:05  

Awesome storage unit Jo! I like how the top opens up.

shirley 12 January 2009 at 18:25  

Great organization drawers! Lovely SB stuff, too :-)

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP