Sunday 18 January 2009

Nappy Cake - An Ode to Saucy!

Diaper/Nappy cake

Diaper/Nappy cake

Diaper/Nappy cake



Have you been to Saucy's blog? She is wonderfully creative, friendly, sweet and Charming...and the inspiration behind this nappy cake (or should I say diaper cake, for the Americans and Canadians?) She has the tutorial on her blog, look on her "Oldies but Goodies" list.

I have been itching to make one since I first saw it, so you can imagine how thrilled I was to be invited to a friend's baby shower next weekend! I am really happy with how it turned out - I used up some old scrapbook papers for the tags, some pretty ribbon, because if there's one thing I cannot resist (other than chocolate, of course) it's pretty ribbon, and then, look at those sweet baby pins - they were part of my prize (okay, I'll try not to talk about my prizes so much, but there were so many!) The little snuggler bunny is so soft and cuddly, and he's holding the card - inside it has one of my all time favourite boy quotes -

Between the innocence of babyhood and the dignity of manhood,
We find the delightful creature of a Boy.
anon

I've included a shot of the layers from above - the top layer has 21 size 2 Pampers, the bottom layer has a small pack of size 3 Pampers, and I wrapped them around a tub of ear buds to make the layer wider than the top one.

Now I just hope my friend doesn't change her mind on the baby's name, and that she doesn't stumble across my blog before next Sunday - J, if you're here, SHUT YOUR EYES!!

2 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Unknown 20 January 2009 at 08:46  

WOW! Jo, that is fabulous. My step-sister made me one when she came back from SA a while ago, I'd never heard of them before then. They're a fab gift, and I have to say that yours is by far teh prettiest. Pretty doesn't quite do it justice though!

Saucy 1 February 2009 at 06:37  

I love it, love it, LOVE IT! You did an outstanding job and the papers etc. that you chose are so nice. She will just really adore it.

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP