Monday 20 July 2009

The End is in Sight!

I don't think I'll ever be able to say "It's completely finished" but tomorrow I will say "I'm done."
All that remains is touching up sky and grass, sealing it with the clear varnish, and writing the pre-school's name in a cloud above the winter girl. I have two helpers tomorrow, which, considering that it is the last day of school for the year, is a good thing! I think it looks fabulous, the kids love it, and I've enjoyed the process so much, listening to the kids come past every day, always with something to say about the latest addition. The summer girl was a huge hit in her pink dress, the autumn leaves, the dog! One boy said, "Oh look, she's finally done the dog!" and then the faces - they've come alive since I gave them eyes and noses and mouths!

And look, proof that is really was me painting - I'm giving the winter girl red spots on her pink wellies - now to find myself a pair just like them! One little boy greeted me this morning by saying "Hello Artist!" I used to be 'the painter'...seems I've moved up in the world!
Click to enlarge ;-)

1 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

karen 16 September 2009 at 16:21  

WOW - these make such a cheery addition - you are very talented

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP