Wednesday 8 July 2009

Preschool Mural

So a while ago I was approached by my son's preschool to do a mural on a new exterior wall. I've done one before, and a friend was busy with one at her daughter's preschool, so I felt confident enough to agree (I could always ask her for help if I got stuck!) . Well, I had no idea quite how big the wall was going to be - it turns out it's 1.8m by 11m!

The idea came to us quite early on - we're doing the four seasons, with a tree for each season, and children playing, with their clothing and activities changing according to the weather.

Here it is so far...


The rain has not helped this week, in fact yesterday I came home early after the torrential downpour actually washed my sky away completely! But, today I was smarter and took the garden brolly with, which did the trick when it started spitting. I managed to finish all the sky, and I've started the grass down at the 'Spring' end. I have a helper on Friday, so I think I'll ask her to start on one of the children - it will really start coming to life then. While it is a bit daunting, I'm really enjoying it and I think it's going to look awesome!

**ETA**

I popped back this afternoon while Liam had his big school visit, and got some more grass done.
It's amazing how quickly it's taken shape with the addition of one more colour. The children really stand out now, and it's coming together nicely.

2 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

SusannaT 8 July 2009 at 22:48  

OOohhh... it's looking lovely!
Can't wait to see it finished :D

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 9 July 2009 at 10:07  

Wow! Jo that is amazing and sooooo huge! It would take me a lifetime to complete something that big! I'll just be sticking to mini's!
Mercedes

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP