Thursday 11 February 2010

Bedroom Paper


This is the bedroom so far. I've used my Antique Pine varnish on the floor, and a pretty pink floral paper on the wall. The skirting is not stuck down yet so excuse the big gaps between it and the floor. Now, I've reached another dilemma. What do I do with the ceilings? Paper? Paint? Paper and paint? I need to hide the wire of the lights, and the wood isn't smooth so I'm guessing a lining paper and then paint it white. Can you paint lining paper or will it warp? I guess there's only one way to find out!

6 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

dalesdreams 11 February 2010 at 16:19  

Oh, it looks great.

I don't know about paiting paper though. :(

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 11 February 2010 at 17:59  

Very cute wallpaper Jo.
I cut a groove in the wood with a craft knife and ruler for the wires to sit in so you have a flat surface to wallpaper over.
I like to wallpaper the ceilings, just too lazy to paint them really!
Mercedes

C 12 February 2010 at 00:16  

Its lookin' good Jo! I know that on normal size houses you can paint over lining paper. I don't think it would be much different on a smaller scale. I did some wallpapering myself today. All I can say is I am glad this is a practice house!! I'm learning loads.

Looking forward to seeing what you do next. Carol xx

Mom 12 February 2010 at 07:27  

Cutting a groove sounds like a good idea. Do you get mouldings for miniatures? if so it could work for the ceiling.

Jo 12 February 2010 at 10:55  

Hm, I'll have to see if I can cut a groove...it might be tricky now the house is built, but it's worth trying. I'll keep you all posted ;-)

Daisy 14 February 2010 at 00:47  

It's darling already!! What about a mural? I did that on one of my sloping walls in my Westville (pic in my blog).

Daisy

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP