Friday 5 February 2010

I Got Wire!

I had to laugh, in my previous post I neglected to say that the wire I needed was for my dollhouse. So when my sister read my post, she thought I was going mad, after all, her husband is an electrical contractor, why don't I just ask him for the wire? LOL!

I had a few offers of wire, but none that would have done the trick. I love Ebay's function of "Sorry, you didn't win this item, find something similar". It came up with a roll of wire for £3.90 including postage, but it was called cable, not wire, which was why I didn't find it on my first search. So, the Arthur is all wired up, and ready for wallpaper upstairs.

When I was buying my lights, I looked at a porch light and hummed and hawed about buying one. In the end, I decided not to get one, as I didn't know if the porch was big enough for one. But now, having had an email from Mercedes where she said how the houses with porch lights really stand out, I'm beginning to think I should get one. I can still run the wire through the kitchen, if I leave papering it til last.

But, what colour do I do the floors upstairs? I thought of painting the bathroom floor either whitewashed, or the same stone colour as the exterior. It's getting blue and white stripe wallpaper. The bedroom is getting white wallpaper with a delicate pink floral pattern. What colour do I do it's floors?

4 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 5 February 2010 at 18:27  

You got that wire pretty quickly, you'll be doing all the fun decorating in no time!
I really like the look of the paler floors in the upstairs so maybe a white wash would look good especially with the white wallpapers.
Mercedes

C 6 February 2010 at 11:32  

Jo this is beginning to come together really well. I would add a light in the porch because I think if you don't you may regret it. What is great about this electrical system is that you can unplug lights you don't want on at any specific time.

Love the sound of the blue and white bathroom and pink bedroom. So cute. Love Carol x

Papillon Bleu 6 February 2010 at 14:57  

Yay! you've got it!!! I know it can be sooo frustrating when you need something so specific and you just cannot wait to continue with your work...
You've got light upstairs!woohoo!

Ascension 10 February 2010 at 21:02  

Hola!!!!!!!, me encanta tu casita, me ire pasando por tu blog, para ver los adelantos.
besitos ascension

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP