Saturday 19 July 2008

Have you ever seen...




...a mushroom this big? We were driving back home after a day at the beach, and I spotted this mushroom growing on the side of the road. Everyone else missed it, so I turned the car around to show them - it looked big enough to be worth the effort. It is seriously the biggest mushroom I have ever seen growing naturally, and hopefully you get the idea from these pictures. I know nothing about them, does anyone know if this one is edible or poisonous? We didn't touch it, just in case!

2 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

pat 20 July 2008 at 00:36  

Wow--what an amazing mushroom! Look at all the cool textures all over it--the top, under the gills, the stem. That thing is a macro dream! I've never seen one that big.

♥ Amy 20 July 2008 at 08:49  

Really neat. I love the shot of her bending over it - kind of puts it all into perspective.

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP