Tuesday 1 July 2008

Teddy Bear Festival




Our local parish community have a wonderful festival every year, inviting schools, preschools, groups and individuals to enter a Teddy Bear or sometimes Scarecrow in a competition. The Bears/Scarecrows are arranged around the church and grounds, and the community all gather to vote, try their luck on the tombolas, have burgers and Pimm's under the trees, and generally have a lovely family day out. This year, my son's preschool (known for their wonderfully creative entries) entered their Pearly King and Queen Bears. We had been asked to donate as many buttons as possible earlier in the term, but I never would have guessed what they were doing with them! The Mother and Toddler group I take my son to also entered a bear, we named ours Percy the Gardener, and we all thought he looked rather sweet. Of course, Pearly Pete and Peg took the prize by a huge majority, and ours came second!

0 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP