Tuesday 1 July 2008

I Love Knicknacks!


In my very first post on this blog, I mentioned how my husband nearly killed himself putting this shelf up. We had decided that a floating shelf above the telly would be perfect to display the wedding invitation art from our friends in Cape Town, along with a few of my knicknacks.

Well, he started drilling the first hole, but the wall is super tough, and even with the hammer drill he was really battling. He'd gotten it about 1cm, then stopped, and suddenly asked me "Do you think the electric cables run up from this power socket?" In a straight line down from where he was drilling, were all the telly and phone and internet plugs.

So of course, we couldn't exactly continue and just hope for the best, so we threw the kids in the car and headed down to Homebase, to get one of those detector devices. Came back home, raided the Spider-man walkie talkies for the batteries, switched it on and Oh my Goodness! It squealed with the highest pitch alarm right over the hole my husband had been drilling. He felt quite giddy after that. A few inches to the right, and the coast was clear, we did finally get a floating shelf up above the telly!

I love how it looks, with the birds, my Willow Tree children, an old college etch that I recently found the perfect frame for, my wooden family, and a bunch of sweetpeas from my garden in a gorgeous vintage milk jug I found on Sunday!

0 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP