Wednesday 23 September 2009

Building Work Continues...


The clapboard siding is all done! Hooray! Once again huge thanks to the lovely Farrah for organising it's transport across the ocean ;-) I only used two of the four bags though, so I'll have enough left to do a garden shed and then some.

Putting the porch roof on was pretty tricky, these tab and slot houses are not 100% accurate. But, I managed to get it on straight, and any gaps will be covered with the shingles or wood filler. Next step is to attach the porch railings, then the windows and shutters, and then the fun really starts - the exterior design! I think I've chosen my colour scheme...when visiting my in-laws this weekend I decided the paint they've used for their outdoor furniture is beautiful, in texture and colour. It's by Cuprinol and is in the heritage colours range, called Natural Stone. Coupled with pure white window and door trims, a slate coloured roof and a nice shiny black door...Mmmm, I think it will look very pretty. Of course, I may still change my mind, but we'll see!

0 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP