Thursday 24 September 2009

The Decorator's Have Started...

I got the last sample pot of Cuprinol Antique Stone! We have a Homebase nearby, which is part of a big retail park, and on the other end of the retail park is B&Q. This comes in very handy, when one store doesn't have what you're looking for, you can just pop across to the other, and nine times out of ten you'll find what you need. Such was the case today when Homebase didn't have my colour, and B&Q, although the shelf spot for it was empty, was in fact hiding one last little pot amongst the sage green samples!

Being an outdoor paint, it goes on really nicely. It's thin, and soaks into the wood, thereby revealing the grain and texture, yet still giving a nice plastic-y waterproof feel. I made sure to apply the first coat really thinly, as I knew the siding would warp (it did) but with a few spots of glue and a hairdryer to speed up the drying, it settled back nice and flat.


I bought a water based satin enamel for the trim and woodwork, which is not very forgiving at all when it comes to blemishes and wood grain. So, after painting a first coat, I had to sand it all down again to smooth it out. Now, here's where I need your help... Do you like it with the weathered look, or, being house trim, should it all be pristine white and in need of a second coat?

3 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Kathi 25 September 2009 at 12:27  

I like the weathered look. Great job so far!

Unknown 29 September 2009 at 09:27  

Weathered look. I'm very jealous!

Susan@minicrochetmad 9 October 2009 at 22:12  

It looks wonderful!

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP