Wednesday 2 September 2009

The Arthur!




Finally! I have been able to take The Arthur out of it's box, and start building it. Actually, I thought it might be easier to glue the clapboard siding on before I built it, but I soon realsied that it would be impossible to line the sides up with the front unless I built it up to a point. So here it is.
I will put the porch roof on once I've done the siding, as well as all the window and door trims, porch trim etc.
I will put the back roof on when I've done the interior as it's easier to paint and sand and paper without the roof coming down.
I haven't decided on whether or not to put the gingerbread trim on the roof - I guess I will wait and see, and I'm also not 100% sure which colours to use.
But the best part? I have all the time in the world now, no deadline, and no rush. I'm going to take my time and enjoy the process.
And can I tell you a little secret? I already know that this will be Holly's house, as promised, and that I will build myself another house, one day. Maybe one with more rooms ;-)

PS I haven't forgotten about Tilly, she's just waiting on some more colour, and then we'll do a draw and see who she'll be heading off to. Soon, I promise.

2 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 2 September 2009 at 20:00  

Yay!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress of this little house. It won't be long before you're building a house for yourself...and one day you'll realise you have a whole village, lol!
I've always wondered just how big the Arthur is, can you tell me the measurements?
Have fun!
Mercedes

Kathi 3 September 2009 at 11:17  

Hi! Can't wait to see your progress with this house!

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP