Sunday 14 March 2010

Happy Mothering Sunday!

I think England is the only country that doesn't celebrate Mother's Day on the second Sunday of May. Instead, on the second Sunday of March, we have what they call Mothering Sunday. I was woken up with the gifts my kids chose for me at their school sale on Friday - chocolate from Liam and a scarf from Holly - and then Liam said to me, "Mommy, what's your favourite song in the whole wide world?" I replied that it changes all the time, but at the moment it's 'Don't Stop Believing' from Glee. I came downstairs to another gift...the Glee soundtrack ;-)


On Friday, I gave them the choice of activity for today. I said we could whatever they wanted to do with me on Mother's Day. It just so happened that the circus was in town, and they'd seen the big top the day before, so guess where we went this afternoon?


Yep, Zippo's Circus! It was fab, they had incredible acts, and I was so glad to be allowed to take pics (albeit without flash) so tomorrow, I'll edit them and upload a few to show you. If you ever see Zippo's Circus come to your town, I highly recommend them!

2 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

dalesdreams 14 March 2010 at 18:33  

Happy Mothering day! :)

DollMum 14 March 2010 at 21:33  

Glad you had a good Mothering Sunday with your children, I was as lazy as possible with my family.

In England we celebrate Mothering Sunday on the 4th Sunday of Lent rather than the comparatively more recently rescheduled Mother's Day. Mothers day in May originated in the USA - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day.

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP