Wednesday 24 March 2010

Scrapbook Inspirations Ideas Book


I don't think I ever blogged about the end of Scrapbook Inspirations Magazine. If you remember back in September I proudly announced the fact that I was a member of the new design team for Scrapbook Inspirations. Well, the job was sadly short lived, as December saw the very last issue of the magazine published. It's a tough time for companies and I guess luxuries like magazines are often the first to go, but I was absolutely gutted. Not because I wanted to carry on designing layouts for the mag, but because I really enjoyed getting my copy every month and bookmarking it for ideas and pouring over all the new papers and embellishments available.

But, every cloud has a silver lining and for Scrapbook Inspirations, it took the form of a quarterly 'bookazine', which launches on 31 March.

It will retail at £10.99 in the UK, and can be ordered here, no matter where in the world you are. I think I have at least one layout and one photo in the book, and actually, the layout is one I did using a picture of an online photography friend of mine's son, so I'll be excited to finally show her the layout in it's published form - I thought it might never see the light of day and would have been really disappointed for her if it weren't used!

I'll be able to show you once it hits the shelves ;-) Anyway, I have since stepped down from taking on any new assignments, my new job as dinner lady at the school is keeping me very busy and very happy, and I'm helping out in many other ways at the school too. My scrapbooking has relaxed and I allow myself to scraplift layouts I like in their entirety -something I couldn't do as a designer!

1 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Pjay 6 April 2010 at 17:57  

Have seen this idea book today, its a magazine with a £9.99 price tag. I had scrapbook inspirations from the beginning and subscribed for a few years, this is no different from the old mag apart from its about £5.00 more expensive. I was also gutted to see the demise of my favourite mag and then excited to read that this idea book was coming out, sadly I will not be purchasing it, no matter how much I miss the old mag, its daylight robbery!

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP