Tuesday 16 March 2010

More Circus Pics

As promised, here are some more pics from the circus. Excuse the camera shake and blur here and there...these are all shot with available light.

These guys opened and closed the show... and all I can say is, Wow! They were insane, I've seen a circus show using this 'hamster wheel' thing before... but nothing like these guys did.

The clown was very good, he was one of those silly-fool clowns that got our sympathy. The Shetland ponies were so cute, and set the scene for the next act...

The most amazing horses ever. They were beautiful, and while I do wonder about what goes on in training to get them so in tune with each other, they had a great bond with their trainer and gave him kisses frequently.

My all time favourite act though was the budgies! I mean, how much cuter could you get? They were so clever, and funny and cute and Holly really really wants one now (and so do I!)

The Chinese acrobats/contortionists were fabulous, and spot on with every pose.

I was super chuffed to get the moment the clown spat his 'honey' at the other clown, on a relatively slow shutter speed and no flash!

The high-wire guys ending with a bang - complete with fake fall to make us believe how dangerous it was. They needn't have bothered - I could see exactly how dangerous it was!

And the kids, standing in front of the big top. Fun fun fun!

2 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Mom 17 March 2010 at 12:50  

It looks great. Can you remember when Oupa took you and Andrea and the Elephant charged the crowd!

Kim 17 March 2010 at 15:16  

I LOVE the last picture of the kids in front of the tent- did you get that effect in a photo editing software or right from your camera? I love it! I also love the guy working with the budgies-I think that would have been my favorite part :)

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP