Thursday 14 January 2010

Fabulous New Shoes

I decided to go into town on Tuesday, just to feel normal again, having been house bound for a whole week with the snow and the kids. I used the opportunity to get new brake pads fitted on my car, and then had just over two hours to browse while they were busy with the car. It was lovely, I had no agenda, no time limit, NO KIDS! and I did have money to spend! But, I didn't find any new jeans at the Gap (their sales are usually pretty good). Next had just the dregs left, and although I did get the shoes Liam really wanted in the next size up, and his anti-itch cream, I didn't find anything for myself. So, with time to kill I decided to hike up to the top of the High Street to Mickey D's (yes, my guilty pleasure is a Happy Meal!) and I popped into the charity shop next door. And just look what I found...




Aren't they gorgeous? I first thought they looked bigger than my size (UK 6) but on turning them around I saw they were a six. So I tried them on, and you'll have to take my word for it, but they are so cute on! They are the perfect heel height, I love their square toe, and the little flowers just add the perfect touch. And can you see, they're new? Brand spanking new, never been worn before. In a charity store. But the cherry on top?

The price! Can you see what it says? Yes, indeed. Four quid. For a brand new gorgeously cute pair of Faith Shoes. Heaven. And Faith are not known for affordable footwear.

On a different note altogether, yesterday's new snow day gave me the opportunity to try out the lights in the Arthur. I've lightly taped them in place, to see if we like the amount of light each fitting gives in each room. And I took this picture to check the scale of a peg doll against a 1:12 inch house. And I liked it, so I thought I'd post it here.

I did toy with the idea of switching the kitchen and bathroom lights, but the pendant one hangs really low, so I'd have to shorten the chain quite a bit in order to hang it downstairs. And that might detract from the light's overall effect. So I think they'll stay like this. I love the lounge light, it's perfectly bright for the room. And speaking of the Arthur, it's name is set to change. Holly hasn't decided between "The Brambles" or "Holly Cottage". Both very English, both very common/popular in England, and both relevant to us in name (our road is called Bramble something and Holly's name, well, that's self-explanatory!) I'm leaning toward the former. What do you think?

7 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

C 14 January 2010 at 20:23  

No question about it - Holly Cottage!!

I am toying with the idea of Ivy Cottage or Rose Cottage for my own - will be interested to see what you come up with as a name plate. Great shoes by the way. Carol :)

Jill 15 January 2010 at 07:56  

Those shoes are fabulous! I love, love, love the flowers!!

Your little cottage is so cute-- I'm voting for "Holly Cottage"!

Mom 15 January 2010 at 08:21  

Your shoes are fab, they remind me of a pair Holly had. Caroline says she would love a pair? I must agree I am leaning towards Holly Cottage for the house.

Unknown 15 January 2010 at 09:03  

I'm for the Brambles. Looks lovely! And Happy New Year btw :)

Unknown 15 January 2010 at 09:05  

Oh and GORGEOUS shoes. I love Faith, but only ever buy in the sales :)

Anonymous 15 January 2010 at 13:44  

Those cute shoes would fit me--can you fax them over! I love low heels and square toes! ;)

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 19 January 2010 at 10:05  

Those sweet little peg dolls look right at home there!
Mercedes

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP