Sunday 17 January 2010

You'd think we actually miss the snow and ice...



But actually, it's just the new season of Dancing on Ice that got the kids nagging! I've never taken them ice-skating before. Liam's always been a bit too little, but suddenly, when they asked this week, I realised that they would probably both cope just fine with it. So we rang the Spectrum, found out about times and prices, and hit the rink this morning. The kids did brilliantly, from being very scared and wobbly when we started, to doing it hands-free by the end of the session! I've promised them we can go more often now, so they don't forget how to skate. In actual fact though, skating is a bit like riding a bicycle ... you don't completely forget how! And yes, in a very rare occurance, that's me in front of the camera instead of being behind it ;-)

*ETA* This is what they looked like later that day!

4 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

C 17 January 2010 at 18:21  

Torvill and Dean eat your hearts out!!! Looks fun.

DollMum 17 January 2010 at 23:13  

Holly strikes a good skater's pose - maybe she should be on Dancing on Ice. We're hooked on it too, and I almost took the girls skating again today, but they ended up roller blading outside instead (first time since the snow melted) because the weather was so good.
Once again this evening (see last week - http://dollmum.blogspot.com/2010/01/dancing-on-ice-week-1.html) all the dolls came to watch the skating, with the addition of my old Susie who needs skates...
I hope you do take your children skating again more often, it is how I started skating (was in a synchro team in SA, still got my skates, still skate for fun occasionally).

Mom 18 January 2010 at 11:50  

Holly looks like she should be doing this more often, I love her pose. It is great to see you for once, looking good!

Kim 18 January 2010 at 15:03  

you all look so happy and sweet skating together- what great memories for you children :) I could send you some of my snow if you really miss it too much :)

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP