Wednesday 13 January 2010

What to do when you have a snow day...

1. Paint a picture of your holiday in Tenby with the kids.

2. Make happy lunches.

3. Steal the snowman's hat.

4.And take more pictures of the snow. Actually, these were taken on the weekend still, I hadn't uploaded them yet. This is Liam down our back garden path.

And this is the snow on the branches down the path.

And a close up of the branch. I liked how the sun was shining through the ice.

My poor jasmine. I think jasmine is another of those plants that just don't grow in England. Well, that's what I tell myself, because mine either drown or freeze to death. And how I love the smell of jasmine as you walk out the door. Sigh.

Can you guess what this is? We have leaky gutters. Where ours join our neighbours on both sides, we have drips. It can get pretty close to Chinese water torture during a heavy rainstorm, and we have got a roofer coming to fix them as soon as the weather improves, but for now, we have very drippy gutters. And this is what happens to those drips during a big freeze. They freeze, over the hose-pipe, and garden tools, and watering can.

This became Liam's ice wand for a good game of wizards with his dad. Then he ate it.

Actually, the painting we started this morning is looking fantastic. I drew the outlines, the kids painted all the flat colour bits, and then I started outlining it with a black sharpie. Holly then took over from me, and has added people sunbathing, swimmers frolicking, fishermen, sailors, kite flyers, families... it looks super. I'll take a picture of it when she's done and add it in here. Liam drew the sun and himself. It's super cute. Come back later to see.


Ta Da! Aren't we clever? Can you spot Liam's little dude? I love him, and the happy sun, and all of Holly's amazing additions! Click to see it bigger!

7 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

miniacollection 13 January 2010 at 15:40  

Beautiful photos of the snow.
Geneviève

Julia and Hywel 13 January 2010 at 16:26  

Hi,
Loved your pictures, you all look as if your having a great time in the snow and your watering can looked brilliant. We live an hours drive from Tenby and I love it there too.
Stay warm, Julia x

Kim 13 January 2010 at 16:47  

ah- what fabulous pictures! I love to see kids creating art- and that lunch!!! What kid wouldn't just love to see that happy lunch!!

DollMum 13 January 2010 at 17:18  

You have got to frame that picture of Tenby that you and the children have created - it is great!

I used to live in Pembroke Dock, so Tenby was one of our local haunts (but that is over 17 years ago now, in my early days in the UK).

C 13 January 2010 at 19:57  

Such fun! Love the lunch - and glad to see Arthur gets to share the action. The painting looks great.

Tallulah Belle 13 January 2010 at 20:08  

Looks like you all had fun.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that painting of Tenby.

I spent every year of my childhood holidaying there and it is one of the places I miss most in the UK :-(

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 19 January 2010 at 10:03  

Oh Jo, the holiday picture is gorgeous! I love that row of houses!
Mercedes

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP