Tuesday 1 December 2009

Advent

What does Advent mean? Advent is a term from the Latin word "adventus" which means arrival. It is a time of waiting for the arrival of Christmas, the coming of Jesus to earth when he was born as a baby at Bethlehem more than two thousand years ago.

The first day of December marks the the first day of opening an Advent calendar, an event my kids look forward to from the moment I bring the Advent calendars home. But this year, I've done something a little different. I've made them a mini muffin pan Advent calendar, from an idea I got on TwoPeas last year. They'll be sharing this one, taking it in turns to open the 'windows'.

So, here is Number One. Do you love the Advent as much as we do?


4 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 1 December 2009 at 08:54  

Jo, that's a very cute idea, love your Santa!
Mercedes

Mom 1 December 2009 at 11:06  

Do you mean we have to wait 24 days to see them all!

Jo 1 December 2009 at 11:11  

Yep! And I'll post the whole calendar shot on Christmas day.
The pics are coming up larger than life-size, they only measure 6.5cm square.

Kim 1 December 2009 at 15:10  

Adorable!! I'll be checking back for sure!

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP