Thursday 3 December 2009

I Love My Kids' School

Specifically, the fact that the little ones in Reception Year do cooking every Wednesday! Us parents contribute £10 per year, and every week we look forward to seeing what the kids bring home just as much as the kids do. They do really fun things, like beach trifle, pumpkin biscuits, rock cakes, flapjacks, soup, curry with naan bread...but for the last few weeks, they haven't brought anything home. The reason being, they've been making Christmas fruit cakes, complete with marzipan and regalice and decorated with either trees or Rudolphs! They were so sweet, and the kids love bringing home their wares to show us! Here's Liam's cake:

He was so proud about how he'd rolled a ball of red icing to be the nose, and he carefully placed the stars in a ring around Rudolph, ending in a brown one so you know where the top is!

He made sure I'd noticed the stickers around the bowl too!

And then just a quick little fill-you-in : My friend who originally gave us her daughter's old house is buying it back from me - well technically, she's just paying for all the lighting that I put in so that I can buy new lights for the Arthur - because since I took it on and re-did it, her daughter kind of wished she could have it back! So, I'm happy that she will be happy, and then I can get cracking on the Arthur's interior and buy it some new lights!

I've finished the hall floor which had always been left in the raw stripped wood, I've replaced the chimney breast after recovering it in brick paper, and neatened up all the trim. I've also re-done all the wiring and taped up loose ends, shortened the plug ends so that there's no wires trailing around and given the patio a fresh coat of paint. My friend is collecting it tomorrow, which means I'll have a dining table again, yay!

2 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

DollMum 4 December 2009 at 00:01  

funny how people think they don't want a dollshouse anymore (perhaps to do with 'growing up') only to discover that they do!

I'm impressed with how much cooking your son is doing at school, I wish my year 1 daughter's school did the same.

dalesdreams 4 December 2009 at 00:57  

"I love my kids school" that is such a good feeling, isn't it?

Tell him, I noticed the stickers on the plate right away, he did a fabulous job.

Just goes to show, you are never too old for a dollhouse, I know, I'm not. ;)

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP