Thursday 10 December 2009

Day 10 ~ School Christmas Plays

We're going to see the kids' Christmas plays today...I can't wait! Liam had to bring in a "WW2 Soldier" outfit, and I know of someone else who's a 1950's housewife, and an angel who needed black tights. It all sounds fascinating and I can't wait to see how it ties in to Christmas! Holly is a narrator, and I know she knows her lines backwards, LOL!

Did you know, in Britain, the average person sends 50 cards a year. I'm guess 2/3rds of those are sent at Christmas. Mine are written, I need to start handing them out now. Holly's turn to open the advent calendar, these little robins were one of the very last squares I made, and one of my favourites for sure.


I thought I'd edit this post to tell you about the play. They started with the mum and dad decorating their tree with the children. Then, when everyone was asleep, a bright star appeared to the children and took them on a journey to discover where the story of the bright star on the top of the tree comes from. They then time traveled, stopping off at the millennium star, the 80's star, the 60's star, the 40's, and finally the Victorian, before coming to the bright star of the east where they then portrayed the story of Mary and Joseph in the stable. At each star, they played a song, did a dance, and made us laugh. But, when they got the 40's, the children "heard a mighty roar and found themselves in the war", and cue Liam, with two other soldiers and two little girls dressed as housewives, with the request that parents join in the singing of Silent Night. Well, I tell you, I was finished! I was sobbing, and couldn't possibly join in the singing. Liam's one teacher's assistant saw me and had a giggle - she had warned me to bring tissues! It was the best nativity play any of us have ever seen, and it was written by the teachers of Reception Year. Absolutely amazing.

2 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 10 December 2009 at 08:06  

Oh, Jo that has to be my favourite square so far!
Mercedes

Kathi 11 December 2009 at 13:10  

So tweet!

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP