Monday 21 December 2009

Day 21 ~ Stockings

Why do we hang stockings? I decided to Google that question, and the answer is pretty interesting. Click this link if you want to see for yourself ...clicky clicky!

Do you have any personal family traditions at Christmas time? We follow pretty much the regular, historical traditions, but the one thing I do which I really like is to buy the kids a very special ornament, one that's maybe a bit pricey, and I put them away in a box for them. We don't use their decorations...so one day, when they've grown up and are moving out, I will give them their box of decorations, ready to hang on their very own trees at Christmas time. And they'll be new, but old, and very special.

Only four more sleeps til Christmas!

2 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Kim 21 December 2009 at 18:00  

what a beautiful tradition! Love the stockings :)

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 21 December 2009 at 20:25  

I buy the kids a decoration every year (well, sometimes Liberty gets more than one!) and add a tag to it with the year on it. They do all hang on our tree...soon we'll be needing two trees!
Mercedes

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP