Saturday 12 December 2009

Day 12 ~ Our Tree is going up today!

Check back later if you want to see a picture of it, it's still early and I haven't put it up yet, but I promise I'll take a pic and add it in later.



I got a new tree today! Every year, I debate whether or not to get a real tree, or stick wit my fake one. Every year, I say how I love the idea of a real one, the smell of a real one, the look of one...but every year I stick with my fake tree and I'm always happy - it's pretty, it's strong and it doesn't take up as much space. But this year, as I was opening it up and saw how tired the 'leaves' were looking, how gappy it's branches were, and how wide it actually is, we decided maybe the tree I saw for £59 at the garden center was a good deal. So, I jumped in the car, put on my CD of Christmas cheese as Tristan calls it, and set off. When I got there, they had sold out completely, but I got the display model! And it is very pretty. It's so full and thick, and it holds all my very heavy decorations all the way to the top! It's looks lovely in the living room as a whole, you don't get the real feel from this shot showing just the tree, but my living room is a bit too messy to include in a wide shot just now. Maybe another day ;-) You can see my old tree here.

3 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Jill 13 December 2009 at 05:20  

Your Christmas tree is wonderful-- and such a great deal! I broke down and bought a fake one this year and I'm lovin' it. Less fuss... and you don't have to worry about the dog drinking out of the tree stand!

Mom 14 December 2009 at 13:19  

Your tree looks great, sorry we will not see it this year, but will have to be satisfied with a photo.

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 14 December 2009 at 19:50  

Jo, your tree is absolutely beautiful. We buy a real tree but it's sometimes very difficult to get the decorations to stay on.
Mercedes

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP