Friday 18 December 2009

Day 18 ~ Last Day of School, Phew!

When it started snowing last night, I started holding my breath. Becky and I have been planning the gift boxes for our kids' teachers all week, we only finished them yesterday, we really needed the school to be open today so that we could take them in. At 6:30, I woke up (before my alarm!) dashed out of bed to look out the window and let out my breath, lol! It had snowed, but maybe an inch. Just enough to make the last day of school really fun, and very pretty.
So, the teachers and their TA's (teacher's assistant) get these...

We made the candy cane hearts by taking mini canes, laying them on greaseproof paper, filling their middles with luxury white chocolate, and sprinkling peppermint crisp, red flakes and silver glitter onto them before the chocolate set.

Becky made each teacher and TA one of her gorgeous felt hearts (we had so much fun at Hobby Craft buying buttons and ribbons for them and my dolls!). I gave each one a clothespin doll, and then I made a tray of mini mince pies, with hearts instead of stars, in keeping with the theme.

And then we wrapped them all up in these lovely boxes, tied up with green and red ribbon!

One box for Swallows class, one box for Larks class. I'm sure they're going to love them!

Seven more sleeps til Christmas!

2 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Kim 18 December 2009 at 14:37  

I am seriously wishing I was one of those teachers right now- that is the nicest teacher's present I have ever seen! They are going to love them- but if they don't- would you like my address? Just kidding :)

Merry Christmas!! Glad you had a bit of snow for the last day of school before holiday :)

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 21 December 2009 at 20:18  

I'm wishing I was one of those teachers too! Those gifts look so incredibly beautiful Jo.
Mercedes

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP